Tuesday, August 9, 2011

OMG what is this beastly pest in my garden?

I have about 6 different species of bugs attacking my garden. All are on each plant together. I have tried Malathion but they just come right back. Today I looked and saw something new that looked like it is right out of some sci-fi flick. I have never seen this before. They are on the stems of all of my Bower vines. They are white, sort of round, elevated (meaty looking), have something that look like they may be eyes around it's perimeter, no legs. They look a bit slimy or wet. They look like they are probably sucking the plant. The bigger ones are a little smaller than a baby pea and then there are many, many babies which are smaller. I tried spraying them with water high blast but they don't move! These things are very creepy looking and I have searched the internet and cannot find anything of the sort in all of the pictures of garden pests. What are these things??

No comments:

Post a Comment